Top Social

PINK CHARACTER

20160402


I had a great day planned for my girl, Siyi, a cute and warm painter at RISD. Since we are still on spring break, we took the chance to spend a day in Boston. Our girl time started with browsing beauty products, clothing stores including Marimekko, a design and fashion store that I thought would fit her. The fabrics on the dresses, teapots, and pillows were visually satisfying.



Typical Siyi testing all kinds of pretty polishes at Sephora.






We snagged a mirror selfie. No Ragrets.


And here is shameless selfie I took before our date.



Her Instagram sprouts flowers and pink tones which inspired me to be a little more adventurous in my outfit. I always submit to blacks and grays, but I decided to add in a muted pink for a change. I love pink so much, but I rarely build the courage to wear it out. I think the unsaturated pink I wore is a good first step for me but as you can see, I hid my pink behind an oversized black coat. Sorry! I'm next to someone who is simply glowing with cuteness. No competition.

I learned what a mandarin collar was, and got a glimpse of what Siyi is drawn to in terms of fashion. She looked at a lot of clothing based on the neck shape and color, commenting on the traditional Chinese and Japanese influence on them. Siyi prefers high necked pieces (like mandarin collars) and comfortableness. She is captivated by fashion that has an Asian touch because it reasserts how she identifies herself aesthetically and culturally. I admire her identity, and wish to continue to meet with her and get more insight on her style.







Lavender Earl Grey (Top, Vanilla & Chocolate (Bottom)









We took a break at Georgetown Cupcake shop on Newbury Street. Many people just come in and order cupcakes to go, but we spent hours catching up and enjoying our cupcakes. There were so many flavors to choose from! I selected Vanilla & Chocolate as Siyi got the Lavender Earl Grey. 




Gyeran malee, fried chicken, Kimchi Jigae, and Soju at Myung Dong 1st Ave




For dinner, we decided to grab a meal somewhere with a completely different vibe. Myung Dong 1st Ave is a Korean bar restaurant located in Allston, with a streets atmosphere and Fetty Wap in the background. Great for a young college crowd. The food is good with a casual presentation that fits the drinking culture of Korea. A great finish to a wonderful day.

4 comments on "PINK CHARACTER"
  1. Nice photos,I think you had a wonderful weekend and these cupcakes look delicious!

    http://impavidlife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for read, Alexandra!

      If you are a fan of cupcakes, you should definitely try them! There should be certain locations around. I know there's one in New York. And DC of course!

      Delete
  2. Looks like you had a great time! Those cupcakes look so yummy and cute! :)
    Isabella x http://isafashionebella.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you had a great time! The food looks great, also the art in the cupcake shop is amazing. Great mirror selfies <3 <3

    http://www.invitecottage.com

    ReplyDelete