Top Social

NEW YORK WEEKEND

20160329


For spring break, I took a spur of the moment trip to New York City with my family! This was a great opportunity to catch up since I haven't had much family time during school.







We arrived late afternoon and was able to avoid traffic. The four hour ride was peaceful, but felt short because I had a lot to talk about with my sister; school, fashion, and photography. Still, we were ready to take in all the window shopping and delicious food to come!



Lauren (sister) & Dad


Avocado Toast Tartine at Le Pain Quotidien Soho


Barbeque at Kang Ho Dong Baekjeong



We drooled over the Celine store, and looked at Rachel Comney shoes at Totokaelo, but did not by anything. Ironically Dad, who is the least interested in fashion and spending money, was the only one who purchased something on this trip! Today was mostly window shopping and enjoying great Korean barbeque at Kang Ho Dong Baekjeong in Ktown! 



Next day...






My family loves to eat..A LOT. We didn't realize it was Easter Sunday, so most American brunch places were packed. Instead, we went to Dim Sum Go Go. It is not as authentic as the Jing Fong restaurant, but the dim sum here is presented very nicely and I like their portion size. 



Next up, the Whitney Museum!


















Thanks Mom for taking sneaky photos..









We got onto the huge elevator that makes it feel like you're in a giant basket. The top floor has a powerful collection about 9/11. It was a heavy and dark subject that was a great addition to the museum. After that we decided to get some fresh air and a beautiful view on the balcony.












A stranger made my mom's day during our museum trip. She went to the bathroom to do her makeup and a young woman came in and complimented her on her style. Not only that but she mentioned that she could see where her daughters got their taste. It was a sweet gesture and Mom was very happy about it. I can see how easily influenced we are by our Mom. She indeed has a great sense of style, and I look up to her!




Snack break with Dad's friends


Uni Soba at Soba-ya (SO GOOD)





This was such a fun trip, but too short. I miss New York already! Hopefully I can visit again soon. I can't get enough of the stores, and of course the food. I made sure to grab myself a big sugary doughnut from Doughnut Plant before I left. The highlights of this trip was definitely the Whitney Museum, eating soba, and of course hanging out with my family.


2 comments on "NEW YORK WEEKEND"
  1. Nice post and photos! Seems like you had a great time in NYC.

    Julie
    http://alohalovely.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for reading, Julie!

      I love New York, and it is one of my favorite locations to visit. :)

      Jua

      Delete